Today is the big day in downtown Baltimore, and thousands of people are expected to swarm the streets for the 58th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade…which, ironically enough, is never held on St. Patrick’s Day
The parade begins at 2 p.m. EST Sunday.
The 2013 St. Patrick Parade starts at the Washington Monument and continues on to Pratt Street and Market Place.
On tap will be Irish culture, dance and music.
Along with the festivities, there are several road closures to be aware of downtown.
St. Patrick Parade Road Closures
The following streets will be closed during the parade:
11:30 a.m. – Market Place from Pratt to Water Streets
11:30 a.m. – Charles Street from Centre Street to Madison Avenue
11:30 a.m. – Centre Street from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets
12:00 p.m. – Charles Street from Mulberry to Centre Streets
1:00 p.m. – Charles Street from Centre to Conway Streets
1:45 p.m. – Pratt Street from Howard to President Streets
The following parking restrictions will be in effect along the parade route from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.:
· Mt. Vernon Place from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets (both sides)
· Centre Street from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets (both sides)
· Charles Street from Conway to Read Streets (both sides)
· Conway Street from Charles to Light Streets (south side)
· Market Place from Pratt to Water Streets (both sides)
· Pratt Street from Gay to President Streets (north side)