UPDATE 13: The second suspect has been captured.
UPDATE 10: An 8-year-old boy is among the dead. So far, over 132 have been reported as injured…17 critically.
UPDATE 9: Statement from the Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) regarding today’s blasts in Boston:
In light of today’s events at the Boston Marathon, MEMA will be monitoring the incident very closely. At this time, we are informed there are no threats to the State of Maryland, but we are encouraging Marylanders to remain vigilant and to always be aware of their surroundings. Again, we offer our condolences to all those affected in today’s incidents and our thoughts are with Boston this evening. If You See Something, Say Something. Report suspicious activity to local law enforcement, call 911 or call 1-800-492-TIPS (8477).
UPDATE 8: President Obama will address the nation at 6:10 p.m. to discuss this afternoon’s bombing attack in Boston. Some media outlets are reporting that over 100 people are currently being treated for injuries related to the blasts.
UPDATE 7: New video from CNN and Boston.com posted below. Scroll down to view.
UPDATE 6: Multiple resources are available to check on friends and family members in Boston. Register as Safe and Well with the American Red Cross here. Google has also launched a Person Finder (click here) to help track down friends and family.
UPDATE 5: Fire at JFK Library seems to have been unrelated.
The director of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum says that a 3 p.m. fire inside the building’s mechanical room was not caused by a device and is apparently not related to the explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line.
Tom Putnam, the director of the JFK Library, said that the incident was confined to a mechanical room near the archive section of the library.
UPDATE 4: Investigators have a suspect, said to be a Saudi Arabian national, in the Boston Marathon bombings.
A 20-year-old suspect is currently under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.
The Boston Police Department has surveillance footage of someone bringing multiple backpacks to blast site.
Officials confirm that 3 people are confirmed dead and over 120 more have been injured.
Massachusetts General Hospital was treating at least 10 people with amputated limbs and all operating rooms are now on hold.
UPDATE 3: Cell phone service has temporarily been shut down in Boston to prevent remote detonations.
UPDATE 2: Third explosion confirmed at JFK Library.
Rachel Day, spokesperson for the John F. Kennedy Library, located about three miles from the marathon’s finish line, said that there was a fire at the library but no one was injured.
The Library has tweeted: “We are all OK. Thank you.”
UPDATE 1: Two people are confirmed dead in the blasts at the Boston Marathon and 23 more have been injured.
Authorities found two more explosive devices on the premises. Those are currently being dismantled.
Extra security details are being dispatched at this hour.
Original story below…
There are multiple reports that two loud explosions rocked the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon.
Dozens of people have reportedly been injured in the blasts.
The Boston Marathon headquarters have been locked down.
The explosions are said to have occurred along Boylston Street, near the finish line.
— Reuters US News (@ReutersUS) April 15, 2013
Explosion at coply twitter.com/Boston_to_a_T/…
— Boston to a T (@Boston_to_a_T) April 15, 2013
— Chris Chanyasulkit (@chanyasulkit) April 15, 2013