During the second week of December, detectives from the Anne Arundel County Police Department conducted a prostitution sting operation with the cooperation of The Extended Stay America located at 939 International Drive in Linthicum.
Extended Stay America management recently contacted the Vice Unit after seeing an increase in prostitution activity.
During the course of the operation, undercover detectives posed as escorts on internet websites commonly used for the purposes of soliciting prostitution. Detectives received phone calls and text messages from multiple phone numbers. The phone numbers used to contact the undercover detectives are being reviewed in an attempt to identify the subscribers.
The following suspects were charged with prostitution as a result of responding to the internet advertisements:
• Prasada Tyadi, 43, of Elkridge
• Ryan Adams, 31, of Westminster
• Richard Cookson, 44, of Elkridge
• Diego Lucero, 31, of Annapolis
• Mark Smidga Sr., 35, of Glen Burnie
• Gerald Turner Jr., 41, of Baltimore
- 9 arrested in Anne Arundel County internet prostitution sting (baltimorenewsjournal.com)