How to Avoid and Remove Pimples
Our skin has to bear the brunt of several factors such as pollution, erratic lifestyle, wrong food habits, and stress to name a few. All this makes our skin prone to several conditions. Acne is one of them. It is usually caused when the pores of the skin get clogged due to oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Acne is characterized by pimples that can be anyone’s nightmare. It is important to understand pimples and their causes if you want to get rid of them. If you are wondering how to keep away from pimples, there are some simple steps.
Why should you get Acne/Pimples?
Medically, there are several causes that have been attributed to acne and pimples.
I. Uncontrollable Factors – Age related hormonal changes, gender, hormonal disorders, heredity, pollution and other environmental factors
II. Controllable Factors – Diet, drugs, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, personal hygiene related issues, cosmetics
While pimples and their causes could be many, there are few effective tips and cures available to avoid and remove acne/pimples.
Simple Tips to Avoid Acne/Pimples
There are some basic steps that may be taken to prevent acne break-outs and minimize fare-ups :
1. Eat right – Try to reduce the intake of processed and refined food that has high starch and sugar content. Also avoid fried, oily food.
2. Take care of personal hygiene – It is important to clean all dirt, excess oils, makeup and sweat off your face before you go to bed. Avoid abrasive cleansers though. Also, wash your pillow covers and towels regularly to prevent bacterial growth. It is important to wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap before you touch your face or affected areas. Avoid pricking or squeezing blemishes or pimples to prevent spreading of the infection.
3. Moisturize – Use a mild moisturizer every time you wash your face with soap or some anti-acne product.
4. Use acne friendly makeup – Clogged pores lead to breakouts, so buy makeup and moisturizers that are non-comedogenic. This means that the product is non-greasy, and designed not to clog your pores. It is advisable to go for gel-based or water based products.
How to Get Rid of Acne/Pimples with Home Remedies
We now bring you some simple home remedies that will help you get rid of pimples faster.
1. Rubbing ice-cubes or crushed ice on the affected area for few seconds offers faster relief. Repeat the process after few minutes.
2. You may also apply some honey on the pimple and let it dry on its own before rinsing it off. Honey kills the bacteria besides hydrating your skin. Honey can also be mixed with cinnamon powder.
3. A small amount of white toothpaste is also ideal for pimples. Apply it before going to bed. Wash off in the morning and see the difference.
4. Apply mashed papaya on the affected area. Papaya is effective in reducing inflammation and preventing the formation of pus.
5. The antiseptic and anti-fungal properties of garlic help in quicker healing of pimples. Rub a small piece of fresh garlic on the pimple, leave it for 5 minutes and wash off your face with lukewarm water.
While it is not easy to control pimples and their causes, these natural remedies are effective in ensuring faster healing.